Monday, February 13, 2012

don't forget your scarf, and other lessons

Friends, I would like to inform you all that while you dream magical little Parisian dreams that it is not exactly paradise. A few lessons I have learned recently:
  1. Even the most beautiful places in the world have cold spells, and Paris is one of those places. For the past week and a half I have not left my apartment without wool socks and a scarf around my face, it is freeeezing!
  2. Walking down the sidewalk is an adventure and not because of the fabulous window shopping: dog poop is not picked up here and hopping around it is a skill that must be perfected.
  3. While studying abroad in Paris, one must not forget to study. This one is self-explanatory. As was my incomplete French assignment last week.
  4. Expect the unexpected. In other words, when entering an old prison museum to see Marie Antoinette's cell, expect to be greeted by a strange, animal-themed modern art exhibit.
I have finally begun checking things off the list of touristy Parisian destinations: Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, the Eiffel Tower (1, 2), Pont Neuf, La Conciergerie, and Les Invalides (Napoleon's Tomb) to name a few. The weather this past weekend was beautiful and sunny, perfect for these events. I also found one of the famous love lock bridges. It is such a romantic place, I would love to return someday with my own special someone to place a lock on the bridge.

My most exciting piece of news: I'm going to Greece for spring break! My roommate & I are planning a trip to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. I couldn't be more excited! There is lots more travel planning to come as well: Bordeaux, Normandy, and possibly Germany or Spain. I'll keep you all updated. Until then, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment